At the start of my leave I set out some goals for myself, to keep myself on track and try to put myself in a better place going back into work:
- I need to be in better shape. I need to work on the treadmill and maybe do some yoga or pilates. I need to be able to move my body better and not have it weighing me down.
- I need to work out my wrist and make this carpel tunnel go away. First I need some to do some research about how to do that.
- I need to clean and organize the house. We have too much stuff, and we certainly have too much stuff just lying around. I want to get rid of some it of and organize it and stop staring at it.
- Finding new, easier ways to do things
- Organizing our budget and start filling our jars
Today as my first day back at work.
- I did some work on the treadmill, I took the kid swimming a few times, we went for some walks, and then I got lazy. Haven’t weighed myself, not going to right away, but I will get back to my exercise because I’ve noticed the change in my energy. It helps that we’ve got the kid’s bed time routine down.
- I did nothing for my wrist.
- I did some cleaning and some organizing, we got rid of some stuff that was cluttering the house, overall I feel better about the house. Bed time routine includes Joe taking the kid upstairs to get her ready while I clean up the kitchen which means that gets done and I feel better about the state of the house in the evenings.
- A better bed time has made all the difference, and talking about what needs to get done.
- Our budget is still out of whack because of Joe’s work travel, and my trip out west, and someday, someday we will get a hang of things.
So, what did I do for my leave? I spent time with my kid, we played, I spent time with my family, I spent time cleaning and organizing, I read a bit, I took naps.
Naps are good. Naps help clear the cobwebs, reading helps you escape, and my daughter helps me realize what’s important.
I feel as though I’m in a better place, but there will be kinks to work out. Also my brain is working a mile a minute and I’ve got to get things under control with my thoughts and plans and big dreams.