My main goal for 2011 is figuring out the easiest ways to get everything done.
I need easy ways to make small changes.
I have noticed lately that Maggie is noticing what we eat. Last week we had ice cream cones for dessert – well, the grown ups did, and she didn’t. She noticed and she wanted one. She wants fries when she sees them on my plate. She’s a smart kid, and I need to make changes to avoid her making my mistakes.
My other goals for 2011 include:
- Hitting 175 lbs – and then to keep going
I still haven’t weighed myself, I haven’t taken my measurements, I don’t know where I stand right now, but I got back on the treadmill today and it felt good.
- Being able to make it all the way to my 10th floor office on the stairs
I took the stores at least once a day working on the campaign – only three floors, but it was good. Now I understand that sometime soon my office will be moving from the 10th floor to the 3rd, so I can take the stairs every day without thinking twice about it and watch it get easier and easier.
- Consistently having a meal plan so that the whole family is eating healthy food
We don’t have a meal plan this week, we’ve been doing really badly getting groceries and taking meat out of the freezer.We have to improve, but being back on a somewhat normal schedule will help.
- Continue to test my knitting skills in my project choices
I am very excited that I am almost finished the dress I have been making for the little one. I’m hoping it’s going to fit her this summer.
- Make my way through my ‘to read’ pile (my ever-expanding ‘to-read’ pile)
I didn’t read during the campaign and since I’ve been off I’ve only been reading magazines.
- Build up my profile at work
Very proud of the last two months, excited for the challenging that lie ahead.
- Keep blogging, keep tweeting, maintain my connections
I feel like I’ve missed a lot on Twitter, I’ve loved catching up with the people I’ve missed over the past two weeks. I imagine work will be overwhelming for the next little while, but I hope not to lose touch again.
- Organize the second annual Road Hockey Showdown
Still not on the radar.
- Improve my French
This one is becoming more important. I need to practice, but people at work can and will help.
- I really, really need to stop biting my nails. It looks bad, it hurts, and there’s no reason for it.
My nails survived election night, which is good, and I just got my first pedicure, so all my nails look pretty good right now.