It’s 2008 (how the hell did we get so far along in the 2000s?), at least it is here in Ottawa, working it’s way across the rest of the world. The new year is supposed to be the time when we try and better ourselves and I am no different in the making-of-resolutions department.
There are a lot of things I’d like to stop doing this year, and a lot of things I’d like to start doing, but really I think I have a few days before I actually start changing because I’m getting ready to move across the country and leaving my husband behind. I believe that I can reset my New Year to January 5, once I’m settled, reunited with my puppy and living in my mother’s study I will begin to do the following:
- Eat healthily
- Exercise more (which, apparently, is easy in Regina because you can walk almost anywhere)
- Find and keep a job
- Pay down my debt
- Keep to a reasonable clothing budget
- Network, make friends, go out and meet people
- Read more and watch less useless television (whilst maintaining my devotion to Ugly Betty and giving myself a pass for Miss America: Reality Check)
- Knit more challenging things
- Write more, think more, read the news more
I want to be connected and informed, I want to be a better citizen, I want to learn to control myself.
2008 is the beginning of the rest of my life, and I would like to make better decisions than in the first half.